Saturday, January 16, 2010
NOTICE: Annual General Meeting Of Haskap Canada
Official Notice of 2010 Annual General Meeting
1) Haskap Canada Association AGM will be held on Saturday February 20th, 2010 at
10:00 AM to 2:30 PM in Room 2E25 Agriculture Building, University of Saskatchewan,
Saskatoon, SK. All members and interested individuals/parties are invited to attend.
There will be a cost of $20 for all attendants to cover the cost of lunch, wine and product sampling.
Please let us know if you plan to attend by sending a RSVP email to email@example.com
2) Outline of 2009 activities
The Board was actively involved in various projects and started numerous initiatives based on our association’s mandate. Here is a list of some of the activities:
· Planned and held the 2009 Annual General Meeting - February 28th. 2009. New directors: Craig Larson, Marty Elder and Doug Eryou. After the meeting everyone enjoyed Haskap deserts and participated in a Haskap wine tasting event.
· Held Directors meetings to plan Haskap Days at the University of Saskatchewan.
· Printed brochures describing our association for distribution to the public
· Attended various events under the SFGA banner: Gardenscape, SFGA field day, Haskap Days
· Attended a federal/ provincial workshop on funding initiatives: CAAP, Agri-Invest program, SAVI program
· Initiated a CAAP funding request for marketing/promotional material (Put on hold until March/April 2010)
· Checked into the opportunities with the Canadian Trade commissioner on the GOA (global opportunities association)
· Started the process with the Agri- marketing program for Canada Branding and funding for export development
· Applied for the Student Assisted Business and Marketing Plan Program for funding
3) Annual Haskap product competition
Will you be attending Haskap Canada's Annual General Meeting On Feb 20, 2010?
Are you going to the SFGA Conference (Jan 15 & 16) or live close to the University Of SK?
IF so, you may be able to obtain Haskap fruit from the U of SK to use in Our Haskap product competition as part of Haskap Canada's Annual General Meeting. Contact Bob Bors (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a pick up time. There will be a charge of $10 per litre of fruit if you get it from the U of SK and a $10 entry fee.
If you have your own Haskap fruit, you don't have to buy it from the U of SK.
Proceeds will be used to fund student Haskap projects and to buy prizes for the winners of the Competition.
There will be prizes for: Most Original, Best tasting, Most Beautiful, and a Grand Prize.
Note: Bob Bors will only be selling the U of SK fruit to those who are entering the competition, so be prepared to pay your entry fee when you pick up your fruit.
4) 2009 / 2010 membership renewals are now due